Monday 5 August 2013

Embroiderers Guild Exhibition

 

Saturday 24th May 2013 - Friday 28th June 2013 at Snibson Discovery Park
 
Kickstart offers its members a theme and a series of workshops to help them extend their skills in the design and execution of Textile Art. Its aim, for those taking part, is to achieve a piece of embroidered work from the annually selected theme and then for it to be exhibited. This year the topic selected was Archive and included visits to County Record Offices and Archivists, followed by Artist-led workshops. 
 
Here is some of the work I produced for this years Kickstart programme.
 
 


 
I began this project in quite an unexpected place, I found myself fasinated by the act of documenting and a visit to Ryton Gardens Heritage Seed Library, became the inspiration for my work.
Seed banks form a collection of historical records and are in themselves living libraries.
 
 
 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment